Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd presents
Communication & Interpersonal Skills for Executives
(by Mr. Vincent Hor )
After attending this workshop, you should be able to understand:
- The concept of communication
- The communication process
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- The importance of developing effective working relationships
- Ways of getting commitment from your staff.
- The relationship between interpersonal skills and
effective supervisory skills
- The process of consultation
- Identify how technology is changing organizational communication
- Identify behaviors related to effective active listening.
- Textual communication
- Identify the main causes of conflict in an organization and
outline procedures for managing conflict
1. The Communication Process
- Understanding communication
- The communication process
- A communication model
2. Communication Fundamentals
- Direction of communication
- Formal vs. informal networks
- The grapevine
- Nonverbal communications
- Choice of communication channel
- Electronic communication
3. Interpersonal skills and working relationships
- Role theory
- Interpersonal skills
- The importance of good working relationships and
good interpersonal skills in management practice.
4. Face –To –Face Communication And Oral Communication
- Oral communication
- Effective listening
- Body language
- Barriers to effective communication
- Communication apprehension
5. Textual Communication
- Notice boards
- Letters and faxes
- Report writing
6. Conflict Management
- Conflicts in organization
- Conflicts and groups
- Managerial response to conflict.
- Conflict management in organizations
- What is assertiveness?
- Basic human rights
- Techniques of assertion
- Saying “no’
- Giving criticism and feedback
8. Implications For Executives And Managers
- Desirable qualities of an effective communication
system in an organization
- Improving your communication kills
- A SWOT analysis
- Preparing an action plan
An interactive approach involving lectures, group discussions, case studies role plays, questions and answers, and preparing an action plan would be used.
who must attend
Executives, Managers and all those who are interested in improving their communication skill.
investment fee / early bird by 08/02/2017
Standard: RM 1,495.00 nett / RM1,395.00 nett per participant
Group discount: RM1,395.00 nett / RM 1,295.00 nett per participant for a minimum of 2 participants from the same company
(Fee inclusive of Refreshment, Buffet Lunch, Training Bag, Handouts, & Certificate of Completion)
registration & payment
PROGRAMS ARE CLAIMABLE UNDER SBL SCHEME
Please register online through www.qdc.com.my or call 03-78054587 / 03-78044196. Our phone line operation hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday.
All registration MUST be accompanied with PAYMENT.
Completed registration form with CHEQUES should be made in favor of "Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd" and sent to:
QUALITY DYNAMICS CONSULTANCY SDN BHD
No. 343, Block A, Kelana Centre Point, No.3 Jalan SS7/19,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Tel : 03-78054587 / 03-78044196
E-mail: [email protected]
( Wani/ Thang )
PSMB Reg: 620717-P
(FEE PAID IS NOT REFUNDABLE but replacement may be made at no additional cost. Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above course and shall inform participants of the changes)
COURSE FACILITATOR - MR. VINCENT HOR
His other professional memberships include M.I.M. Associate, MMID, LIAM, PIAM and NAMLIFA. He is also the President of Team De` Professionals (GEL), specialising in wealth planning and risk management. Currently, he serves in the Conference Organising Committee (COC) of MAICSA, organizing MAICSA Annual Conference for corporate directors, senior management executives, entrepreneurs and company secretaries.
Vincent is a Registered Trainer with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad. He is also a FIRO-B ® Accredited Trainer, ie specializing in personality & relationships psycho-instrument in “Inclusion – Control – Affection”, which is ideal for building team compatibility, personal development and coaching.
Vincent was also a recipient of the MIM-Tun Razak Youth Leadership Award (TRYLA) in 1994.
Vincent has vast experience in providing services in the field of taxation, corporate secretarial, business financial planning, management services, and communication training. Now he is engaged by companies to provide in-house and public training in Communication & Presentation skills, Leadership Enrichment, Management Development, Creative thinking & Taxation. To-date he has trained more than 8,300 professionals, directors, entrepreneurs, executives and students. He also lectures part-time at Kolej Tunku Abdul Rahman (TARC) on the subject Corporate Law & Governance.
Vincent has conducted various types of soft skills training to companies and institutions of higher learning. He was an invited speaker at Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) Hari Kualiti 2007 attended by 200 MITI officials and employees
Vincent is an accomplished speaker and has won many Toastmasters International speech contests at clubs, areas, divisions and District level. He received the highest Toastmasters International award ie the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) in 2006. Currently, he is the Division W Governor (2010/2011) serving 21 Clubs with more than 530 members in Klang Valley. His passion, sincerity and conviction in public speaking have touched many people’s life. He believes that effective communication begins from the heart. “When we communicate, we enrich people’s life, one at a time.“