Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd presents
Managing GST Compliance and Accurate GST Reporting
- A Comprehensive Workshop for Accounts Executives and Assistants
(by Mr. Thye Foot Leong )
objectivesAt the end of the training, participants will be able to:
1. Gain a working knowledge of GST Rules and GST Tax Code
in compliance of GST Bill 2014.
2. Handle different types of business transactions in relation to GST
mandatory requirements, including the necessary adjustments.
3. Accurately record all accounting entries on GST Transaction and
the required records of the GST Returns.
4. What to look for in the verification checks of GST Returns before submission.
5. Avoid offences and penalties with understanding of GST Bill 2014 requirements.
program contentMODULE 1 - GST Rules
• The Big Picture on GST - Principles and Concept
• GST Rules on Output Tax and Input Tax
• GST Rules on Blocked Input Tax (un-claimable Input Tax)
• Areas on risks in GST Accounting
• Establishing GST Practices to ensure proper handling of business
and GST transactions.
MODULE 2 - GST Accounting / Administration
• A Review of the 24 Tax Codes and its classification requirement.
• GST Accounting - Account entries on business transactions.
• Disbursements and Reimbursement Charging Mechanism.
• Recipient Self-Accounting (RSA) mechanism.
• Adjustments - use of Debit and Credit Notes.
• Adjustments for Bad Debts Relief, outstanding Creditors,
Gifts more than RM500.
• Preparation of GST 03 Returns for submission.
• Preparation of GST Summary required by the Customs Department
to facilitate their audit.
MODULE 3 - Verification Checks before Submission of GST 03
• Verification checks before GST submission.
• Perform Analytical Review of the Supply and Purchases Listing
with Output Tax and Input Tax computed.
• Confirming correct supporting documents for Input Tax Claimed.
• Understanding the difference between "Adjustments" and "Errors in GST".
• Common GST errors to avoid in GST Accounting.
methodologyLecture supported with Power Point presentations, examples and Q&A sessions.
who must attend• Account Executives
• Accounting Personnel responsible for the preparation of GST returns
investment fee / early bird by 14/02/2017
Standard: RM 845.00 nett / RM795.00 nett per participant
Group discount: Not Available / Not Available per participant for a minimum of 2 participants from the same company
(Fee inclusive of Refreshment, Buffet Lunch, Training Bag, Handouts, & Certificate of Completion)
registration & payment
PROGRAMS ARE CLAIMABLE UNDER SBL SCHEME
Please register online through www.qdc.com.my or call 03-78054587 / 03-78044196. Our phone line operation hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday.
All registration MUST be accompanied with PAYMENT.
Completed registration form with CHEQUES should be made in favor of "Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd" and sent to:
QUALITY DYNAMICS CONSULTANCY SDN BHD
No. 343, Block A, Kelana Centre Point, No.3 Jalan SS7/19,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Tel : 03-78054587 / 03-78044196
E-mail: [email protected]
( Wani/ Thang )
PSMB Reg: 620717-P
(FEE PAID IS NOT REFUNDABLE but replacement may be made at no additional cost. Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above course and shall inform participants of the changes)
COURSE FACILITATOR - MR. THYE FOOT LEONG
Mr. Thye Foot Leong, is a member of the Malaysia Institute of Accountant. He qualified as a professional member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK) in 1979. After graduation, he worked in a professional audit firm for three years. He has been engaged as a Senior Group Financial Controller and Deputy Chief Finance Officer in a Public Listed Company with KLSE for the last twenty years. His scopes of responsibilities include Budgeting, Management Accounting, and Financial Management and Reporting, Corporate Finance, Corporate Planning, Strategic Management Business Processes and Control. He is also very well versed in the local business environment as the result of his broad background and exposure in Finance Management and Treasury.
He is also a member of the Havard Business School Alumni Club of Malaysia, and Malaysia Institute of Management. As a Certified Financial Planner, he is also a member of the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia and had been a past committee member of its PJ Chapter. He is also a Fellow Member of the Certified Public Accountants of Australia.
Mr. Thye is a past member and serves in several Committees/ Directorships of Rotary Club of Metro Kuala Lumpur. He was the past president of ITC Toastmasters Club, Past Area Governor, Past Assistant Division Governor (Marketing), Past Assistant Division Governor (Education & Training), and Past Division Governor of the Pan-Southeast Asia Toastmasters District 51.
Mr Thye has trained personnel from various disciplines and industries including Reliance Pacific Group of Companies, Kumpulan Jetson Group of Companies, Allianz Life Insurance, ABB Malaysia, Marco Corporation, Satang Jaya Group of Companies, Peremba Construction,Malaysia Milk,IGC-Industrial Galvanizers Corporation,Motibina ,Gas Malaysia,Morgan Carbon, Malayan Banking Berhad, ABN Amro Bank, F&NCC Beverages, Draeger Safety Asia ,Ban Seng Lee Industries, Sinclair Knight Merz,CIMB ,JVC Video Malaysia, Printelligence ,Multimedia Development Corporation, Siemens Malaysia, Unza Overseas Ltd, Schneder Electric Industries, Nikko Hotel, Coronade Hotel, Great Eastern Life Assurance Bhd, Mitsui OSK Lines, Delima Oil Products, Triways Travel Network, Century Total Logistics, Revertex ( Malaysia ) ,Perennial Lube-Tech, Golden Hope Research Centre, Malaysia Airports Bhd, BIMB Securities Sdn Bhd, UKM Kesihatran, Sapura Industrial Bhd, Neville-Clarke(M) , SOSMA Sdn, Bank Industri & Teknologi Malaysia, Boustead Group of Companies, Mofaz Group of Companies, Sinwah Industries Berhad, Guiness Anchor Berhad, Hong Leong Industries Group of Companies, etc.