Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd presents
Initiating Quality Improvement Project (PDCA & the Popular QC Tools)
(by Mr. Tan Por Sing )
objectivesAt the end of the program, the participants will be able to
1. Initiate QIP in their company.
2. Understand the Importance of QIP & Company Competitiveness.
3. Apply the Tools and Techniques of Quality Improvement Project.
program contentModule 1: Introduction
1. Quality Improvement Project and Business Competitiveness
- QIP & Business Competitiveness
- Different Types of QIP
- Benefits of QIP.
2. Understanding QIP
- What is QIP?
- Why we need QIP?
- Who is involved in QIP?
- How to initiating QIP?
3. The Quality Improvement Process
- Quality Improvement versus Problem Solving
- Examples of Quality Improvement Projects
- The Quality Improvement Process
4. The Techniques used in Quality Improvement Project
- The PDCA Approach
Module 2: Popular QC Tools
1. Simplifying Data Collection (Check sheet)
- What is the best method to take down data simply?
- How to prevent error in inspection.
- How to construct simple Check sheets for convenient
usage in the work place
2. Identifying and Selecting the Problem - The Vital Few
(The Pareto Diagram)
- How to construct Pareto Diagrams
- How to classify the defects and display using a Pareto Diagram
- How to identify the problems in their order of severity
3. Systematic Cause Analysis (Cause & Effect Diagram)
- How to construct Fishbone Diagram
- How to generate all the probable causes for every defect
- How to apply the Brainstorming Technique during
problem solving meetings
- How to scrutinized, filter and identify most probable root causes
4. Data Analysis (Graphs, Pie Charts, Radar Chart & Gantt Chart)
- How to interpret and use different type of Graphs effectively
- How to construct a Radar Chart
- How to plot and interpret Gantt Chart
5. Creative Problem Solving (Affinity Diagram)
- Brainstorming using Cards
- Using Right Brain for generate Creative Ideas
- The Key Word is "What?"
- Not limited to physical presence as required by using
conventional brainstorming techniques
- Examples of Applications of Affinity Diagram in Work
- Group Exercise on Affinity Diagram Construction
6. Comprehensive Root Cause Identification and Analysis
- Linking Cause and Effect using arrows
- Using Cards for gathering Root Cause
- Using Cards for Developing Relation Diagram for Root Cause
Identification and Analysis
- The Key Word is "Why?"
- Approach can be Structured or Unstructured
- Very Comprehensive Cause Identifying Process
- Generate great Team Work
- Examples of Applications of Relation Diagram in Work Place Environment
- Group Exercise on Relation Diagram Construction
7. Systematic Solution Identification (Tree Diagram)
- Systematically linking Target to Means for Achieving the Target Set
- Brainstorming using Cards
- The Key Words is "How"
- Activity Planning Chart complement the Tree Diagram
- Examples of Applications of Tree Diagram in Work Place Environment
- Group Exercise on Tree Diagram Construction
8. Decision Making (Matrix Diagram)
- Identifying Relationship between Cause and Effects, between making the
Right Decision base on Facts
- The Key Words is "Which"
- Using of Symbols for better visual control and presentation
of Multiple Variables
- Examples of Applications of Matrix Diagram in Work Place Environment
- Group Exercise on Matrix Diagram Construction
Module 3: Multimedia Presentation
A Successful Quality Improvement Project using Popular QC Tools and PDCA Cycle.
methodologyPower Point Presentation, Group Discussions, Case Study and Exercises
who must attendManagers, Executives, Supervisors and All Personnel who like to understand more about QIP
investment fee / early bird by 22/02/2017
Standard: RM 1,495.00 nett / RM1,395.00 nett per participant
Group discount: RM1,395.00 nett / RM1,295.00 nett per participant for a minimum of 2 participants from the same company
(Fee inclusive of Refreshment, Buffet Lunch, Training Bag, Handouts, & Certificate of Completion)
registration & payment
PROGRAMS ARE CLAIMABLE UNDER SBL SCHEME
Please register online through www.qdc.com.my or call 03-78054587 / 03-78044196. Our phone line operation hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday.
All registration MUST be accompanied with PAYMENT.
Completed registration form with CHEQUES should be made in favor of "Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd" and sent to:
QUALITY DYNAMICS CONSULTANCY SDN BHD
No. 343, Block A, Kelana Centre Point, No.3 Jalan SS7/19,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Tel : 03-78054587 / 03-78044196
E-mail: [email protected]
( Wani/ Thang )
PSMB Reg: 620717-P
(FEE PAID IS NOT REFUNDABLE but replacement may be made at no additional cost. Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above course and shall inform participants of the changes)
COURSE FACILITATOR - MR. TAN POR SING
Chief Consultant and Trainer of Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd, Mr. Tan has more than 20 years experience as a trainer and consultant in the area of Quality and Productivity Improvement. Mr. Tan also has many years of hands-on experience managing production, maintenance and service operation.
Mr. Tan has extensive experience in the Training and Implementation of Operational and Improvement Techniques such as TQM, QCC, QC Tools, SPC, ISO 9000, 5S, Work Study, Kaizen Techniques, Filing & Record Management, Store & Inventory Management and many others.
Mr. Tan client's list in training and consultancy works include multi-nationals and local companies like Saudi Iron & Steel Company in Saudi Arabia, Western Digital, Freescale, Samsung, PNB, Perodua, Panasonic, Acidchem International, Sime Darby, Petron Malaysia Refining & Marketing, Dyson Manufacturing, Prince Court Medical Centre, Rahim & Co., TNB, Petronas Gas, Bumi Armada, MMHE, Indah Water, Litrak, Institute Technology Perak, NAM Institute for the Empowerment of Women (NIEW).
Mr. Tan obtained his BSc. in Mechanical Engineering from the Strathclyde University, Scotland and MSc. (with Distinction) in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from the Warwick University, England. Mr Tan also received extensive professional trainings and also presented many papers in Japan, Australia, The Netherlands, India, Taiwan, The Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and also locally. He is a life member of Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (Japan).
A qualified ISO 9000 Quality Management Systems and EMS auditor and consultant, Mr Tan had attended and passed the IRCA registered auditing quality system course (lead auditor training course) and he also attended and passed EARA approved advanced EMS auditing course for quality personnel.
Mr. Tan has been judging quality improvement projects like QCC/ICC/QIT for various multinational and national organization and companies like PNB National Innovations and Quality Convention, Rapid KL ICC Convention, and was also a Chief Judge in MPC National and Regional QCC Conventions. He also judged MAMPU National QCC Convention,
Mr. Tan represented Malaysia as a National Quality Management Award Expert in the National Quality Management Awards Round-Table Conference at Japan Productivity Center (JPC), Tokyo, which was sponsored by the Asian Productivity Organization (APO). Mr. Tan was a Lead Auditor of the Technical Audit Team in the yearly Prime Minister Quality Award and Quality Management Excellence Award for over 10 years.
Mr. Tan also holds an internationally recognized blue-card as a practitioner in Methods-Time Measurement technique from the United Kingdom M-TM Association.
Mr. Tan is proficient in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.