Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd presents
Handling Full Set of Accounts in a Computersied Accounting/GST System
- A Practical Framwork on Handling the Financial Accounts
(by Mr. Thye Foot Leong )
objectives1. Understanding the Financial Software design of the Accounting System to facilitate
the proper and efficient recording of financial records.
2. Application of the computerized system to account all financial data for
accurate reporting of the company financial records in general ledger,
customers ledger, suppliers ledger and inventory stocks.
3. Understanding the GST Rules and the GST Tax Codes for compliance
of GST Bill 2014.
4. Relate the Accounting Entries of the business transactions for GST
Returns (GST 03) and the GAF (GST Audit File).
5. Ensure accurate preparation and submission of GST Returns.
program contentDAY ONE
Module 1 - Fundamentals of Accounting and GST
1. Purpose and objectives of Accounting
2. Role of Accounting Personnel
3. Fundamental Accounting Concepts and Acceptable Accounting Principles
4. The Accounting Equation
5. Accounting basics - Double Entry Concepts/Trial Balance
6. Stages in Accounting Operation and the impact of Integrated
7. GST - Accounting and the requirements of the law
Module 2 - Preparation of Accounts
1. Income Statements - Format and Purpose
2. Balance Sheet - Format and Purpose
3. Set up of General Ledger, Debtors and Creditors Ledger
4. Set up of Stock Group/Stock Items
5. Set up of GST and Tax Codes
Module 3 - Recording the Business Transactions/GST
1. Documentation and supporting information requirements
2. Recording relevant data for Management Information/Tax and GST
3. Operating the Sales Module - Revenue
4. Operating the Purchase Module - Purchases
5. Operating the Expenditure Module - Expenses
6. Receipts and Payments
7. Accounting for Fixed Assets
8. Adjustments in Accounts and Year End Closing
Module 4 - GST Rules on Output Tax and Input Tax
1. Output tax - Scope
2. Input tax - what to claim and what is not claimable
3. Blocked Input Tax
4. Adjustments in GST
Module 5 - Verification of GST and Tax Codes
1. Understanding Tax Codes
2. Verification checks before submission
3. Analytical review of Supply and Purchase Listing
4. Checking correct supporting documents
5. Common mistakes made in GST Reports
Module 6 - Reconciliation and Accounting Reporting
1. Bank Reconciliation
2. Debtors/Creditors Reconciliation
3. Management Reporting of Accounting
4. GST03 Submission
5. Keeping and maintenance of Proper Records
methodologyInteractive workshop style facilitation supported with power point presentation, practical examples and Q & A session
who must attendBusiness Owners, Accounts Executives and Accounts Personnel responsible for the preparation of Financial Accounts and GST Returns.
investment fee / early bird by 02/03/2017
Standard: RM 1,495.00 nett / RM1,395.00 nett per participant
Group discount: RM1,395.00 nett / RM 1,295.00 nett per participant for a minimum of 2 participants from the same company
(Fee inclusive of Refreshment, Buffet Lunch, Training Bag, Handouts, & Certificate of Completion)
registration & payment
PROGRAMS ARE CLAIMABLE UNDER SBL SCHEME
Please register online through www.qdc.com.my or call 03-78054587 / 03-78044196. Our phone line operation hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday.
All registration MUST be accompanied with PAYMENT.
Completed registration form with CHEQUES should be made in favor of "Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd" and sent to:
QUALITY DYNAMICS CONSULTANCY SDN BHD
No. 343, Block A, Kelana Centre Point, No.3 Jalan SS7/19,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya,
Tel : 03-78054587 / 03-78044196
E-mail: [email protected]
( Wani/ Thang )
PSMB Reg: 620717-P
(FEE PAID IS NOT REFUNDABLE but replacement may be made at no additional cost. Quality Dynamics Consultancy Sdn Bhd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above course and shall inform participants of the changes)
COURSE FACILITATOR - MR. THYE FOOT LEONG
Mr. Thye Foot Leong, is a member of the Malaysia Institute of Accountant. He qualified as a professional member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK) in 1979. After graduation, he worked in a professional audit firm for three years. He has been engaged as a Senior Group Financial Controller and Deputy Chief Finance Officer in a Public Listed Company with KLSE for the last twenty years. His scopes of responsibilities include Budgeting, Management Accounting, and Financial Management and Reporting, Corporate Finance, Corporate Planning, Strategic Management Business Processes and Control. He is also very well versed in the local business environment as the result of his broad background and exposure in Finance Management and Treasury.
He is also a member of the Havard Business School Alumni Club of Malaysia, and Malaysia Institute of Management. As a Certified Financial Planner, he is also a member of the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia and had been a past committee member of its PJ Chapter. He is also a Fellow Member of the Certified Public Accountants of Australia.
Mr. Thye is a past member and serves in several Committees/ Directorships of Rotary Club of Metro Kuala Lumpur. He was the past president of ITC Toastmasters Club, Past Area Governor, Past Assistant Division Governor (Marketing), Past Assistant Division Governor (Education & Training), and Past Division Governor of the Pan-Southeast Asia Toastmasters District 51.
Mr Thye has trained personnel from various disciplines and industries including Reliance Pacific Group of Companies, Kumpulan Jetson Group of Companies, Allianz Life Insurance, ABB Malaysia, Marco Corporation, Satang Jaya Group of Companies, Peremba Construction,Malaysia Milk,IGC-Industrial Galvanizers Corporation,Motibina ,Gas Malaysia,Morgan Carbon, Malayan Banking Berhad, ABN Amro Bank, F&NCC Beverages, Draeger Safety Asia ,Ban Seng Lee Industries, Sinclair Knight Merz,CIMB ,JVC Video Malaysia, Printelligence ,Multimedia Development Corporation, Siemens Malaysia, Unza Overseas Ltd, Schneder Electric Industries, Nikko Hotel, Coronade Hotel, Great Eastern Life Assurance Bhd, Mitsui OSK Lines, Delima Oil Products, Triways Travel Network, Century Total Logistics, Revertex ( Malaysia ) ,Perennial Lube-Tech, Golden Hope Research Centre, Malaysia Airports Bhd, BIMB Securities Sdn Bhd, UKM Kesihatran, Sapura Industrial Bhd, Neville-Clarke(M) , SOSMA Sdn, Bank Industri & Teknologi Malaysia, Boustead Group of Companies, Mofaz Group of Companies, Sinwah Industries Berhad, Guiness Anchor Berhad, Hong Leong Industries Group of Companies, etc.